8 Products that make life with chronic illness easier


If theres one thing I look for in everything in my life it’s convenience and if I can find something thats going to make living with chronic illnesses easier I am 100% going to try it. I have a few things that I love and use almost daily that I want to share with you all. 

1. Pill organiser 

I have 2 pill organisers. One for my morning supplements and one for my night time medication. Its made my life sooo much easier. I just sit down once a week and sort everything out and I dont have to think about it for another week. Its much easier to just grab the pill organiser and take everything that’s already laid out instead of going through each box of medication. It’s also a good way of keeping on top of taking medication if you have brain fog. No more “did I take my tablets today or was that yesterday?” 

2. Shower stool

It took me years to finally get a shower stool. I don’t know why but I felt like I was giving up if I started using one but Ive had mine for about 1.5 years now and its made showering so much easier. I highly recommend one if you have trouble standing for long or if you have a condition like POTS like I do. I have a bamboo one because at the time I didn't want a medical looking one and I wanted a pretty one. But theres so different chairs and stools out there to suit everyone. 

3. Vegetable chopper 

Did I buy a vegetable chopper because it went viral on tiktok? Yes, I did. It makes cooking soooo much easier. I can’t cut up a lot of veg because I get pain in my hands and sometimes I dont feel like its safe for me to be using a sharp knife. A chopper is so much easier because you just roughly chop your veggies to fit in the chopper and one push and its done. Ive got to say though, depending on what vegetables you are chopping it can be quite difficult so keep that in mind. I just basically punch mine shut. Haha!

4. Remote control fan

I bought my remote control tower fan in the summer of 2020 and I use it all through spring and summer. Having a fan with a remote control is a must have if you have problems with temperature control because it saves you from getting up and down to turn it off and on. My dream is to one day have the Dyson fan but for now my Argos one is more than fine. 

5. Soup maker

I love my soup maker (my dog doesn't, its too noisy) because I love soup and it makes cooking it ten times easier. You dont have to chop veg into small pieces and you dont have to watch a saucepan and make sure it doesnt boil over. In less than 30 minutes you have perfect soup. You can choose to make smooth or chunky soup which I like and I have the bigger size maker so it makes about 4 large bowls of soup.

6. Air fryer 

Airfryers are life changing!Not only is it cheaper to run than an oven but it also stops me from having to bend over and put food in and out of the oven which can be dangerous with my POTS.

7. Apple Watch 

I love my Apple watch and I feel naked without it. Not only is it great for tracking sleep, activity and your heart rate but its also really handy for taking notes, setting timers and for answering calls when you can’t get to your phone. I bought mine second hand from my brother and I love it. Its an older model but it still works fine the only con I’d say is the battery life is a bit rubbish compared to other smart watched. But if mine broke tomorrow I would be buying a new one without hesitation. 

8. Iwalk portable charger

I originally bought this portable charger for travelling hut I use it the most for charging my phone when I’m stuck on the sofa and cant get close to a charger. I know I could just buy a long charging cable but I despise looking at leads so I’d much rather have a little power bank. I read mixed reviews on the iwalk but I love mine and would give it 10/10. I love that you don’t need a cable, you can still use your phone when its charging it and it gives your phone a full charge. It does take quite a while to charge the actual battery pack but I don’t mine that. I have a baby pink one because it's my favourite colour but they come in lots of colours and they even have glittery ones! I bought mine from Amazon for less than £30. 


Im really interested in learning about your must have items so please comment and let me know.


Follow me on twitter @chronicallybecc 

Comments

Popular Posts