5 Book Series To Read This Autumn


I am a book worm and always have been. I usually end my days laying in bed drinking tea and reading for about an hour before I go to sleep. I love nothing more than getting lost in a book especially in the colder months when you can cosy up under a blanket with a lamp on and read. This past summer I’ve been really slacking with reading due to a chronic illness flare up but now I’m back and I can’t wait to catch up with my 2024 reading goal. 

I do like reading most genres but I mainly enjoy reading romance books because I’m just a girl. However, I do enjoy a thriller every once in a while and I have dabbled in some Fantasy books too. 


Chestnut springs by Elsie Silver

This series has everything I look for in a book- a good amount of spice, humour, great characters and good writing. I actually read the second book, Heartless, last year not realising it was part of a series and I don’t know why it took so long for me to get to the whole series. I would finish each one of these books over the course of just a few nights because they aren’t too long which I like. I love how each book is a romance but each one follows a different trope, for example, there’s age gap romance, forbidden love and a childhood best friends turned lovers trope. There’s truly something for everyone. Oh, and I forgot to mention possibly the most important part- it’s filled with hot cowboys! Do I need to say anymore?! 

Rose Hill by Elsie Silver

Because I loved the Chestnut Springs series so much and I really enjoy Elise’s writing I decided to start her other series Rose Hill. The series follows the stories of four single dads who live in a lake town in the Rocky Mountains who find their happily ever afters. I’ve only read the first book so far, Wild Love, and it’s an ongoing series so there’s only one other book released so far, Wild Eyes, the third book comes out at the beginning of 2025.  I love about this series is it’s linked with the Chestnut Hill world so there’s mentions of characters from that series but the Rose Hill series brings lots of new captivating characters to fall in love with. 

The Housemaid by Freida McFadden

This is probably the best thriller series I have ever read. I only have the final book left to read and I cannot wait to see how it ends. The first book is definitely my favourite out of the first two and I have never been so shocked at the ending of a story like I have with The Housemaid! I ended up staying up until the early hours of the morning just to find out how the book ended. Usually with books it can be very easy to see how a book is going to end but not with this one. Out of all of the thriller books I have read over the years no one writes a thrillers quite like Frieda McFadden. 

A Court Of Thorns And Roses by Sarah J Maas

If you love a Fantasy read then you’ve probably already read the A Court Of Thorns And Roses series. I started this series solely because I am on booktok and all the girlies rave about ACOTAR and after months and months of videos popping up on my feed I decided to give it a go. BUT, I have only read the first two books so far so please don’t spoil it for me! The series so far gets 5 stars from me but I find it quite a heavy read with all of the world building so I like to read a few lighter romance books before delving into the next books. I want to finish the rest of the series by the end of the year and I do feel like it’s a great series to get lost in in the Autumn and Winter months. I haven’t read a Fantasy book in a really long time but these books have really given me the itch to get into more Fantasy books. First of all Sarah J Mass does an incredible job of building the ACOTAR worlds and I love the characters. It’s a series about a human woman who ends up going over the wall to the Prythian world and follows her life changing journey there. I don’t want to give too much away because you really have to read this book to get it. I went into this series relatively blind, that’s all I knew is that it’s an addictive fantasy romance story with a massive fanbase. Even though the books are huge and can be very daunting especially if you aren’t a big reader don’t let that scare you because the story is very captivating. 

Magnolia Parks by Jessa Hastings 

So, I haven’t actually read this series yet but I can’t wait to start it. One of my favourite YouTubers and Tiktokers I follow, Tara Michelle (who I highly recommend following if you love book, travel and lifestyle content) she really recommends this series and describes it as “Gossip Girl but set in London” and that’s all I need to know about it to want to read it honestly. I pretty much read every book Tara recommends and it never disappoints so I am looking forward to start reading this series. The series has a total of 5 books so there’s definitely enough to give you a fill if you end up loving the plot. I’m usually a Kindle reader but I’m tempted to buy the physical copies of this book because the covers are beautiful and they would look lovely on my bookshelf.


What are some of your favourite book series? Have you read any of the books I’ve shared?  


My Goodreads is linked here or my username is beccamfletcher if you’d like to become friends over there. 







 

Comments

Popular Posts